Pre Kindergarten Program Holbrook
Ages 4 years old
Precious Lambs is proud to offer both a full day and part day program to enrich your child’s pre-kindergarten experience.
The primary mission of our Pre-Kindergarten program is to equip your child with the tools necessary to succeed at the Kindergarten level. We want your child to develop a passion to always be eager to be a lifelong learner.
- Offer a high quality experience in a loving academically challenging environment.
- Provide small group and large group settings for teaching instructions.
- Communicate! Families will receive parent teacher conferences twice per year and privately scheduled meetings with the team.
- Maintain assessment portfolios for each child.
- Ensure daily communication journals which include updates as to the progress of your child, and inform you of any changes that may affect your child’s day.
- Your child will learn how to write their first and last name.
- Be introduced to site words.
- Recognize the days of the week and months of the year.
- Spell their colors and numbers.
- Be introduced to sentence structure.
- Obtain the foundation for beginning reading skills.
- Learn how to play well with others and work in small and/or large group settings.
- Learn how to raise their hands in order to get their message spoken in the classroom.
- Develop skills of sharing, manners, and taking appropriate turns to foster ideas.
- Being able to remain patient and follow structure.
- Arrive to school with confidence.
- Your child will handle classroom materials appropriately and put them away.
- Take on the perspective of others.
- Answer questions pertaining to their environment.
- Understand similarities and differences.